Tuesday 12 February 2019

Scottish robe à la Francaise

Another liveroleplay upcoming, Jacobite Scotland this time! Time for yet another Francaise after my tried pattern. Only if you use it for a Francaise instead of a Piemontaise (as I did last time), bear in mind that you'll have to cut the part for the Watteau pleats at an angle, or you'll end up with not very nice pleats that make a perfectionist undo the complete back part to set in gores to get proper pleats. The fabric is a light cotton tartan weave, and six metres were just enough for the robe and the decoration. If you want to have the skirt underneath made from the same fabric, buy at least 8 metres or more for skirt decoration.

Fabric raid: Regency dress, Anglaise and Francaise

The sleeves have two flounces, and two rows of lace underneath. Again, used the usual pinking shears method. Getting a pro in this...


The bodice is fitted with no back lacing as the earlier Francaises would have. The top fabric is sewn to the lining right along the watteau pleats.Make sure you cut the Watteau part at an angle or the pleats won't fall nicely.


And here came the moment when I realized I'd have to make a quick pannier-bumroll because the one I wore for the Piemontaise doesn't work with the pleating of a Francaise... Why do I keep encountering unexpected problems no matter how many years of experience I have?

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say thank you for sharing a great information.I've read a lot of blogs but most of them are boring. Your article made me feel fascinating. I am going to share this information with my friends on social media networking sites!

    Suit alterations Sydney

    ReplyDelete