Wednesday 22 November 2017

Teddy bear blanket

A friend of mine expecting her first child, I decided now was the time to try a pattern I had seen on the internet. And as time is always short when I start doing something, I couldn't bother ordering said pattern but quickly re-invented it. You'll find the original here and the price is really fair for a complete pattern plus how-to: teddy bear blanket pattern on etsy. Definitely going to order the sheep-blanket-pattern for the next baby project!


The complete blanket counts eight by nine squares to have all three tones of turquis evenly in the pattern; yes, I can be very orderly if I want to!


The squares were connected by slip stitch rows and then ironed flat. Make sure to iron the ears individually so they lie flat, then iron the complete blanket from the back to flatten it thoroughly.


The eyes are wooden beads, two of them stringed before you start the teddy face and then crocheted in so they don't stand the faintest chance of ever coming off.


And the little man seemed very pleased, slumbering under his cosy teddy bedding! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment