Wednesday 26 August 2015

Red ball-dress

After so many heavy dresses for historic balls, I wanted one for regular balls in which I can dance the whole night through without restrictions. What else to use but a high-waisted regency shape? I merged my own ideas with a dress I saw in a shop window and used up some fabric I already had.

The dress consists of two layers, the under-layer of red rayon (or cotton-lycra mix for the bust part) and the outer layer of transparent red polyester chiffon. And yes, this dress at last can go straight into the washing machine, despite the bead embroidery along the neckline.

The bust part is self-supporting and optimizes the bust size, so I needn't wear a push-up. The six parts of the skirt follow - as so often - my old princess-seam dress. Cut straight from bust to waist, the dress doesn't get too bulky and I retain my slender shape. From the waist downwards, the parts are cut as wide as possible. At the back is a zipper hidden under a fake sash.


No comments:

Post a Comment