Tuesday 19 August 2014

Summer dress with flowers

I sometimes also sew clothes for everyday use. You can tell by the amount of real-life clothes I posted here that I clearly have a penchant for costumes, though... ;) The fabric I found is machine-embroidered in a large, floral pattern, black and white. The fabric itself is rather sheer, so I have to line all parts with white lining silk.


The complete design was done by me, and it's quite simple: the skirt is a half-length of fabric, worked with french seam at the back and hemmed by hand. 



The body part is modelled on the dummy, but basically it's a piece that goes round once, to which the neckholderbust-piece is attached. A little fumbling with the zipper, as always, but I opted for one instead of the buttons I wanted as closure in the first place because it can hold the strain of a tight fit better than buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment